3 Nights 4 Days
Day 01: Arrival Paro airport and transfer to hotel
You will be received at the Paro airport by our company representative and transferred to your hotel.
Afternoon visit the Paro National Museum which houses collection of art and art facts from all over Bhutan.
|Ta Dzong- Museum at Paro|
The Museum is housed in the ancient watch tower to Paro Dzong. Later visit the Paro Dzong, ancient castle fortress built in 1645 and it houses the Paro monastic body and office of Paro district civil authority.
Evening visit to a traditional Bhutanese farm house and stay at the Farm house.
Day 02: Morning hike to the legendary Taktsang Monastery
The climb up to the viewpoint will take around 1 ½ hours and from there you will enjoy a spectacular view of the monastery clinging to the side of the cliff.
Stop for refreshment at the View Point Cafeteria.Then walk further up to the monastery which will take about 1 hour.
It is said that in the 8th century Guru Rinpoche flew on the back of a tigress from eastern Bhutan to this place and meditated in a cave here for 3 months. The principal Lhakhang (monastery) of the present monastic complex dates from 1692. Taktsang was damaged severely by fire in 1998 but has now been fully restored to its former glory.
After visiting the monastery, walk back down to the road on the way stop for lunch at the view point cafeteria and then walk further down to the road point.
In the evening, visit the 7th century Kyichu Monastery built by the Tibetan king SongtsenGampo and finally visit the Dungtse Monastery built in 1421.
Evening drive to Thimphu and over-night stay in hotel at Thimphu.
Day 03: Thimphu Sightseeing
|Takin- The National animal|
Visit the Memorial Stupa built in memory of the late third king of Bhutan
- 15th century Changankha Monastery
- Takins(national animal of Bhutan) Reserve Zoo
- Then visit: Zilukha Nunnery, one of the very few monasteries for female monks still in existence
- Visit the Folk & Heritage Museum, Traditional School of Arts and Craft, Indigenous Hospital, Textile Museum, Handicraft Emporium and the Hand-made Paper factory
- Visit the view point for Thimphu known as Buddha Point with a Big Buddha Statue overlooking the Thimphu City
Evening drive to Paro and enjoy Traditional Hot Stone Bath. Over-night at the hotel
Day 04: Departure towards the onward destination.
- Bhutan visa fee
- Government royalty & taxes
- English speaking tour guide
- Tour vehicle and driver
- 3-star accommodation
- Daily 3 meals (B/L/D)
- Airport transfers
- Bottled water
- Entry fees to parks and monuments
Package do not include:
- Flights to and from Bhutan
- Personal expense/shopping
- Alcoholic Beverages
- 4 or 5 star accommodation (extra charges will apply)
- Travel insurance
- Tips for guide and driver
For Further Inquiry
Dragon Rider Travels
- Drentoen Lam, Thimphu
- BTN +975-17161177 or 77732405; Aus +61-451416691
- email@example.com/ firstname.lastname@example.org